Wednesday, January 6th
Callbacks by invitation only:
Thursday, January 7th at 3:00pm (Tentative, if needed)
UPLOAD YOUR AUDITION VIDEOS/CONTRACT/HEADSHOT HERE:
****Don't forget to label your audition videos with your name & the character***
Audition forms due Tuesday, January 5th
Audition Videos/Contracts/Headshot due Wednesday January 6th by 2:00pm
Callbacks by invitation only on Thursday, January 7th at 3:00pm
Cast Announced Friday, January 8th at 3:00pm
Important Dates (Tentative)
Rehearsals: January 11 - March (End date tentative)
Rehearsal Schedule: M - Th 3:00 - 6:00pm (when needed)
Virtual Performances: April 23-25, 2021
Open the appropriate audition folder on the google drive "Audition Materials" and prepare the material for 1-2 characters you are interested in auditioning for.
Each character has material to record, either a song, or a song & scene.
For the scenes, have someone else read the other character(s) in the scene.
For the songs, use the instrumental track provided.
DANCERS: Access the folder called "Dancers" for your material.
Please label your audition videos with your name & the character
(Ex. Jared - Robbie Song #1, Jared - Robbie Scene #1)
Upload a Headshot (Picture of yourself) with your videos/contract.
Upload to the file upload link: https://driveuploader.com/upload/E0WaTkt8UY/
It's 1985 and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart is New Jersey's favorite wedding singer. He's the life of the party, until his own fiancee leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
● Robbie Hart (Male-Identifying, Rock Tenor, low B to high A, optional falsetto) Extremely strong singer who can adapt to many different styles. Strong, focused and diverse actor. Great comic timing. Basic movement required. Actor must appear nerdish but with real charm, a likable boy next door approach to the character.
● Julia Sullivan (Female-Identifying, Soprano, low G to E) Strong singer, with good movement ability. Strong acting ability. The role is to be played sweet and innocent, she is a waitress who longs to be married and live the perfect married life.
● George (Any Gender-identity to play Male, Baritone, to high F, strong falsetto) Strong character singer who can rap and has good falsetto. George is to be played in a feminine, long Rocker-Haired manner. Androgynous. Boy George type.
● Holly (Female-Identifying, Pop Belt, to high E) Must have strong dance ability, and a unique voice with a strong belt. Must be a strong actor. Holly is Julia’s cousin, very uninhibited and forward. Comic timing a must. Based on Madonna of the 80’s.
● Sammy (Male-Identifying, Baritone, to high F) Singer and band member. This is a non-dancing role but basic movement is required. Sammy is a typical “man’s man”.
● Glen Guglia (Male-Identifying, Baritone, to high G) Julia’s fiancé, must have great acting skills with strong singing skills, also requires basic movement. Glen is tall, good looking, slightly older in appearance to Julia and Robbie, he is arrogant and wealthy.
● Rosie (Female-Identifying, Mezzo Soprano that can rap) Robbie’s Grandmother, 60-70 year old lady. Must have great comic timing and a singing voice that suits both classic musical theatre and rap. Basic movement required. Sweet and lovable, has no shame. Actress can be made look age relevant.
● Linda (Female-Identifying, Rock Belt, to high D) Robbie’s “trashy” girlfriend who leaves him at the altar. Strong belt voice with real grunt. Strong movement required. Cher type of the 80’s, role will be slightly larger than normally portrayed.
● Angie (Female-Identifying, Soprano/Alto) Julia’s Mother, strong character singer/actor, strong dance skills, good comic timing. Ability to act late twenties, and mid 40’s.
● Featured Roles/Ensemble: (Any Gender-Identity, any voice part) Featured roles including Cousin Steve, Waiters, the Couples (Harold & Debbie, Shane & Donatella, Crystal & Mookie); their various Wedding Guests; Stockbrokers; and Impersonators (Tina Turner, Imelda Marcos, Billy Idol, Cindy Lauper)
● Featured Dancers: (Any Gender-Identity, various dance styles) Looking for dancers of various styles including, but not limited to: Musical Theatre, Jazz, Breakdancing, Hip Hop, etc...